TERMS & CONDITIONS
WEBSITE + SHOP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CM-AE Dive-In Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CM-AE Dive-In Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/18.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name, nationality and date of birth
- Contact information including email address and telephone number and emergency contact details
- Passport style photograph
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Diving qualifications and experience
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To process diving certifications through the PADI, SDI/TDI and DAN systems.
- To gain information of your diving credentials.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on paper or on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Dive-In Larnaca, Lordos Seagate Block A, 24 Tasos Mitsopoulos Ave, Larnaca 6027, Cyprus.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
DIVING AND TRAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CANCELLATION POLICY – DAY DIVING & COURSE BOOKINGS
Once a booking is confirmed, should this be cancelled at any time up until 28 days prior to the booking date (for any reason), a refund of 65% can be arranged. The other 35% will be held by CM-AE Dive-In Ltd on account, to be used as part-payment for a future booking if made within 1 year. For cancellations of bookings (for any reason) made within 28 days of the diving date, the deposit amount is non-refundable but will be held on account by CM-AE Dive-In Ltd for a future booking if made within 1 year. If there is no possibility that a future booking will be made within 1 year, this amount will be forfeited.
Any service booked with CM-AE Dive-In Ltd which is cancelled in Larnaca (for any reason) or within 48 hours of the diving cannot be refunded or exchanged for any product or service. CM-AE Dive-In Ltd will however offer a voucher for the diving/course booked (or the monetary value) to use with CM-AE Dive-In Ltd in the future; this voucher will be valid for 1 year from the date of the original visit. Alternatively, an insurance letter will be issued should you wish to make a claim concerning illness or injury. Any amendments or cancellations of confirmed bookings should be made directly to us in writing at the earliest opportunity to [email protected].
For bookings where payment is not made prior to arrival in Larnaca, CM-AE Dive-In Ltd are not able to guarantee course or boat slots and any bookings will therefore be arranged and paid for once in Larnaca at full retail rates plus any applicable taxes.
It is the diver’s responsibility to ensure sufficient insurance coverage is obtained for the diving element of the holiday, particular attention should be paid to excess charges that will be applied by insurance companies before settlement of any claim.
CM-AE Dive-In Ltd reserves the right to apply an appropriate surcharge to its prices should economic changes (such as exchange rates, fuel prices, etc) make a material difference to its pricing structure.
– A minimum of 14 days’ notice will be given before such a surcharge becomes effective.
– No surcharge will be applied within 28 days of departure.
– If the surcharge results in an increase of 10% or more to the price of the dive package/dive course then cancellation with a full refund will be allowed. Notification of the intention to cancel must be made in writing within 14 days of the notification or the surcharge.
Should some time have passed since your last dive, CM-AE Dive-In Ltd recommends all divers adhere to the recommendations made by their training agency regarding the completion of a Scuba/Skills Review before diving; most agencies recommend a Scuba/Skills Review if no diving has taken place for 6 months. Evidence of the date of the divers’ last dive should be shown in their logbook to avoid problems on check in; where possible the review should be booked in advance and will take place on the first day’s diving. Current prices are shown on the price list.
Alternatively, a Scuba/Skills Review can be completed prior to arrival in resort and signed by an Instructor in the diver’s logbook. In the interests of safety CM-AE Dive-In Ltd reserve the right to provide and charge for a Check Dive, Scuba Review, or Refresher with an Instructor, or restrict diving activities if the Instructor has any doubts about diver safety.
All diving guests are required to sign a self-declaration medical. (Full medical statement available to view here)
All course students are required to sign the agency’s Medical form prior to commencing with the course.
If the diver or student has any of the medical conditions listed, signed clearance from a doctor will be required valid within 12 months.
Where doctor’s clearance is needed, we do ask guests to arrange this prior to arrival where possible to avoid any delays in resort.
All guests take personal responsibility to ensure they are fit and healthy and without signs or symptoms of Covid-19 before attending the centre for training or diving.
Staff reserve the right to refuse service if a guest is suspected of having, based on shown signs/symptoms, or having come into contact with Covid-19.
All guests are required to follow current local guidelines and government legislation based on preventing the spread and transmission of Covid-19. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Wearing a face mask
- Maintaining social distancing
- Regularly sanitising hands using gels provided
All guests should inform the centre if they test positive for Covid-19 within 2 weeks of diving or training at Dive-In Larnaca to allow us to track and trace other guests who may have been affected.
Any guest having tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 12 months is required to have a medical declaration signed by a Physician prior to diving.
Every effort is made to ensure our guests have a safe diving experience but we recommend purchasing short – term cancellation insurance, in the event of unexpected changes in your travel plans. We do recommend every diver to have valid accident, medical and diving insurance. Baggage Insurance is also recommended.
Every diver is required to complete a liability release before taking part in any dive training or pleasure diving with C.M.-A.E. Dive In Ltd.
Prior to taking part in any diving or training activity, all guests are required to complete our liability release (click here to view full liability release), without any alterations or amendments. Refusal to complete this will mean we are unable to complete either your training or fun diving package. You will not be eligible for a refund if this occurs as this is sent in advance to ensure this is read and understood prior to making a booking.
- Divers must ensure that they leave a minimum of 24 hours between their last dive and their flight departure (or going to altitude).
- Both snorkelers and non-divers will be required to complete a self-liability form at the time of check in at the dive centre. Snorkelers can only enter the water when an Instructor/Guide is on the boat to observe.
- It is required that all course students have their own personal set of materials/online access. It is not required to own materials for the Discover Scuba Diving and Scuba Review programs. For PADI courses that have an E-learning option you will be sent a link to sign up for the relevant course and purchase the materials directly with PADI. The cost of the E-learning materials is then deducted from the overall course cost seen on the website and price lists.
- Course paperwork needs to be signed by a parent or guardian for students under the age of 18.
- Courses can run over into an additional day should this be required in order to cover course objectives and standards.
- No children under the age of 12 years will be allowed on the boats. Children over the age of 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or designated responsible adult at all times. Places are subject to availability.
- Course prices including certification cost: If a student is unable to complete the course for medical reasons, personal limitations, reasons beyond the students control; then the certification cost will be refunded to the student within a timeframe of 28 days.
TO BRING WITH YOU
- Certification card
- Logbook (showing proof of 1 logged dive within the last year if not taking part in a Scuba Review or Discover Scuba Experience)
- Medical form
- Dive Insurance details
- Dive Equipment (unless renting)
- Dive Computer (unless renting) – all qualified divers must wear a dive computer.
- Credit card on first day
- Money for lunch, drinks and sundries
- Course Materials if applicable (can be purchased locally)