TDI CCR AIR DILUENT (30m)
The TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) Air Diluent Diver Course is your first step into closed circuit rebreather diving and your first truly quiet dive experience! Whether you are an avid photographer, want to experience the silence of diving a rebreather, or looking to get closer to the marine life – rebreather diving is for you.
Using the latest technology in CCRs can maximize your gas supply and provide an optimum breathing gas for any depth by maintaining a constant partial pressure of oxygen. It’s like having a Nitrox blending machine on your back!
During this course, your TDI Instructor will teach you all the necessary skills to conduct no decompression CCR dives to a maximum depth of 30 metres using air diluent.
Courses are available for APD units, Meg, Pathfinder and SF2.
- Online learning – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you with a TDI CCR online code for the Megaladon, Pathfinder and SF2 unit courses and the TDI manual for APD’s Inspiration and Evolution units so you can do all your studying at home before coming to the dive centre. You also need to have a copy of the manufacturer’s manual for the specific unit. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas detailed below, plus many others:
- History and evolution of rebreathers
- Comparison between open circuit, closed circuit and semi-closed circuit systems and the pros and cons of each
- Gas physiology
- Classroom – After you have reviewed the key knowledge areas and ready to go you will then join your instructor for the practical element of your training and cover the following areas:
- Proper scrubber packing in accordance with manufacturers recommendations
- Electronic or manual systems design and maintenance
- Dive checklists
- Open water training – After you have covered the key knowledge through the online learning, you will then join your instructor for 7 open water dives where you will cover the following plus much more:
- Emergency procedures
- Manual control of setpoint
- Cell validation checks
- Constant loop management
- Minimum age 18 years old
- TDI Nitrox Diver (or equivalent) along with proof of 20 logged open water dives
- You will need to complete a self-certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba-diving please contact us and we will try to be of assistance