TDI ADVANCED GAS BLENDER
TDI Advanced Gas Blender
Are you ready to progress on as a Gas Blender? The TDI Advanced Gas Blender Course picks up where you left off in the previous sequence in training, the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender course. After successful completion of the TDI Advanced Gas Blender course, you will be able to engage in the blending of oxygen and helium based gases.
Whether you’re a dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for advanced gas blending or a diver interested in the process of advanced level blending, this course will give you an in-depth, behind the scenes perspective on how your cylinder goes from empty to full of nitrox or trimix gases.
The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper procedures needed for the preparation and blending of high quality nitrox and trimix gases for use in technical diving. The TDI Advanced Gas Blender course will take you through this process in an easy-to-understand format.
The TDI Advanced Gas Blender Course includes three parts:
- Home study – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you a manual in advance of your practical training to work through at home, covering areas such as:
- Gas production equipment
- Local regulations for gas blending and handling
- Introducing helium into mixing procedures
- Filtration systems
- Classroom + practical training – After reviewing the key knowledge areas with your instructor in the classroom, including reviewing the key mathematical formulas will you complete the practical element of your training including:
- Use of a helium analyser
- Use of 1 or more blending technique to fill both nitrox and trimix cylinders
- Cylinder handling and sign out procedures
- Calculating partial pressure fills
- Age: 18 years old and above
- TDI Nitrox Gas Blender, or equivalent, from an alternative agency