Looking for a lifestyle change? How does working in the water and taking people diving for a living sound?
Taking the plunge into an amazing career change with the first step as an SDI Divemaster could be just the answer you were looking for. Taking your skills as a diver and progressing these to the point where you are in a position of responsibility, whilst also being able to provide people with some life changing experiences along the way!
The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills.
The SDI Divemaster includes multiple aspects of training including
- Online learning and knowledge development – Once you have signed up for the course we will provide you with an online code enabling you to study the core competencies including areas such as:
- Liability and insurance
- Products and procedures
- Physics and physiology of diving
- Medical problems related to diving
- Problem solving
- Diver assistance
- Accident management
- Leadership development
- Water based training development: Throughout your training you will spend time with different instructors, developing not only your personal dive skills but also learning supervision techniques, defensive teaching and conducting briefings. These areas will include the following plus many others:
- Swim fitness tests
- Rescue scenario demonstrations
- Scuba skill circuit – demonstration standard
- New diver and developing diver supervision and assistance
- Certified diver guiding and briefing
- Age: 18 years and above
- SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, or equivalent, from an alternative agency (including verifiable experience in navigation, deep and night or limited visibility)
- SDI Rescue Diver, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and O2 provider
- Provide proof of a minimum of 40 logged dives on enrollment – 60 logged dives must be present before SDI Divemaster certification
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us and we will try to be of assistance.