SDI SIDEMOUNT CERTIFICATION
Discover a whole new way to dive with the SDI Sidemount Diver Course! Whether the aspect of increased/redundant gas supply, flexibility of setup, wreck penetration possibilities or just simply not having to carry heavy cylinders on your back – sidemount gives a huge adaptability to diving unavailable in standard recreational setup.
Throughout the course you will be introduced to the various different rigging and wing systems; find a method of setup that works for you and fine tune trim and streamlining techniques to provide a flexibility to your diving you never considered possible.
The SDI Sidemount Course includes three parts:
- Online learning – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you a code to sign up for the online learning in advance of your practical training to work through at home. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas such as:
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Equipment considerations
- Problem solving
- Water entries
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
- Confined water training – Before we take you out to dive in your new sidemount style you will begin with an instructor in shallow water. This will provide the opportunity to make the necessary adjustments to the equipment to ensure you are comfortable and practise key safety drills.
- Open water training – After you are setup and ready to go you will then join your instructor for 2 open water dives where you will cover the following plus much more:
- Gas management techniques
- Buoyancy control
- Penetration techniques
- Responding to simulated emergencies
- Age: 15 years old and above
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us