SDI SEARCH & RECOVERY CERTIFICATION
An all too common occurrence when diving is dropping a piece of equipment, or items being knocked overboard, or there may even be a case where you are needed to help locate an injured diver.
The ADI Search and Recovery course gives you the tool kit to help in these scenarios, by going through effective search techniques, compass and natural navigation whilst also covering how to lift awkward or heavy objects from the bottom. A challenging but rewarding course that will increase your skill set as a diver whilst being a whole lot of fun!
The SDI Search and Recovery Course includes two parts:
- Pre-Course study – Once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you with a manual to read through and complete in advance of your practical training to work through at home. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas such as:
- Natural navigation
- Limited visibility diving
- Search techniques
- Salvage techniques.
- Open water training – After you have reviewed the key knowledge areas, you will then join your instructor for 2 open water dives where you will cover the following plus much more:
- Search patterns
- Compass use
- Lifting techniques
- Salvage and recovery procedures
- Simulated emergencies
- Age: 15 years old and above
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us