SDI DRYSUIT DIVER CERTIFICATION
The SDI Drysuit Diver Course will open up a whole new world of diving to you. Many of the diving environments around the world are better experienced in a drysuit. Why? These areas have an abundance of marine life waiting to be seen and photographed – they just happen to be a little colder! Drysuits are also used in tropical water during the cooler months.
This course allows the student to develop the knowledge and skills to properly use a drysuit. It will discuss the types of drysuits, accessories, maintenance and how to make basic repairs.
The SDI Drysuit Course includes two parts:
- Online learning – Once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you a code to sign up for the online learning in advance of your practical training to work through at home. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas such as:
- Different types and the key features of a variety of drysuits and undergarments
- Basic care and repair of a drysuit
- Drysuit emergencies
- Buoyancy control in a drysuit
- Confined water training – Before we take you out to deeper water, your instructor will go through a shallow water session to familiarise you with the drysuit, make basic weighting adjustments and practise emergency drills in a controlled environment.
- Open water training – Once we have got you comfortable (and hopefully still dry!), you will then join your instructor for 2 open water dives where you will cover the following plus much more:
- Buoyancy check and skills
- Rolling from an inverted position
- Emergency procedures
- Age: 12 years old and above
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us