SDI DEEP DIVER CERTIFICATION
For those avid explorers, the lure of the deeper dives are a constant draw, whether it be undisturbed shipwrecks, unexplored caves or tropical reef walls.
SDI’s Deep Diver Course is a must for any diver wishing to explore a little more and learn the risks and benefits associated with deep diving.The purpose of this course is to provide the necessary training to plan and execute dives that are beyond the depth range experienced during an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, specifically beyond 18 metres/60 feet and to a maximum depth of not greater than 40 metres/130 feet.
The SDI Deep Course includes two parts:
- Online learning – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you a code to sign up for the online learning in advance of your practical training to work through at home. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas such as:
- History of dive tables and computers
- Equipment needed for deep diving
- Physics and physiology of deep diving
- Emergency procedures for deep diving and first aid
- Open water training – After you have covered the key knowledge through the online learning, you will then join your instructor for 2 open water dives where you will cover the following plus much more:
- Monitoring reduced no-stop limits and gas supply
- Responding to simulated emergencies
- Set up and use of specific deep diving equipment
- Age: 10 – 14 years (maximum depth of 21 metres), 15 and above (maximum depth of 40 metres)
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us