SDI ADVANCED BUOYANCY CONTROL CERTIFICATION
True buoyancy control has the ability to transform a diver’s experience underwater, improving air consumption, comfort and level of enjoyment. This specialty is designed to increase the open water diver’s understanding of the factors that influence buoyancy through effective weighting, trim, breath control and finning techniques. The added benefits to the marine environment cannot be overstated!
There is nothing quite like the feeling of being able to effortlessly glide through a wreck or get up close and personal for that great photo. The Advanced Buoyancy Control Specialty can help you do just that!
The SDI Advanced Buoyancy Control course includes two parts:
- Pre-course study – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you with a manual in advance of your practical training to work through at home. You will then go through key areas in greater detail with your instructor and cover areas such as:
- Selecting the right equipment
- Conducting effective buoyancy checks
- BCD vs lung buoyancy control
- Practical training – Once you are familiar with the keys to improving your buoyancy control, we will put your knowledge into action in 2 shallow water dives with an instructor where you will fine-tune your buoyancy with the following skills plus many others:
- Hovering techniques
- Weighting adjustments and trimming techniques
- Efficient finning methods
- Streamlining your scuba equipment
- Age: 10 years old and above
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us