SDI RESCUE DIVER CERTIFICATION
The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes.
Develop your dive awareness and ability to respond in emergency situations, with this challenging but potentially life saving course all under the direction of our experienced SDI instructors!
The Rescue Diver course includes three parts:
- Online learning – once you have signed up for the course we will provide you with an online code, allowing you to study the theory at home before you join us for practical training. You will cover areas such as:
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Diving lifesaving
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Accident Management
- Confined Water Training – Here we will teach you the ideal techniques for the following skills and help you to adapt your approach:
- On the surface, identify and assist a properly equipped skin or scuba diver
- Locate and bring to the surface a scuba diver simulating unconsciousness to the surface from approximately 6 metres
- Upon surfacing, transport the unconscious diver 50 metres to shore or boat, simulating in-water rescue breathing
- Upon reaching the shore or boat, with the assistance of one aide, remove the diver from the water
- Open Water Scenarios – We will then put your new skills to the test, presenting you with different situations to which you will be required to respond effectively pulling on the knowledge and skills you have learned.
- Age: 15 years old and above
- SDI Advanced Adventure and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency OR SDI Open Water Scuba Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency with proof of 40 logged open water dives
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O₂) provider certification
- Good physical health