How do I begin?
You start with the training materials. We will provide you with an electronic manual so you can do all your studying at home before you come to Cyprus.
What's in the course?
At the end of this program, DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers, participants will be able to:
- Understand and identify common warning signs of decompression illness
- Take a dive history to determine when it is appropriate to conduct a complete On-Site Neurological Assessment
- Use an On-Site Neurological Assessment Slate to conduct a complete On-Site Neurological Assessment
How long does it take?
The DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers course takes about 2-3 hours.
What qualifications do I need?
A DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries qualification or equivalent is a pre-requisites for the provider course.
To enrol in the DAN Instructor Course, the Instructor Candidate must have completed the Instructor Qualification course (IQC) and :
- Be a certified and active scuba diving Instructor(or Divemaster/Asssistant Instructor with current CPR training).
- Be a current DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers provider.
- Be a current DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries Instructor.
- Have current training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Have documentation of first aid training.
- Be a current DAN Member.
Once you have completed your DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers certification/Instructor why not join a DAN Basic Life Support course to help you assist with other injuries.
DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers course costs €120.00 for the provider course and €175.00* for the Instructor course which includes materials and certification. Contact us for details.
*A DAN instructor has to pay a one-off €85.00 for an Instructor Qualification Course with the first instructor course undertaken.