SDI VISUAL INSPECTION PROCEDURES
SDI Visual Inspection Procedures
This Cylinder Inspection Course is designed to promote safety in the care and maintenance of high-pressure scuba cylinders. The VIP program is intended to demonstrate to the scuba industry a need to meet and exceed the minimum standards established by the Code of Federal Regulations. In addition, it is intended to train inspectors in the proper handling, filling, and inspection techniques, including the identification of the various defective conditions that can lead to cylinder rejection or condemnation.
This course is perfect for those wishing to learn more about the procedures in the compressed gas industry, not just scuba. Or maybe you wish to learn more about the correct way to handle high pressure cylinders, it may even be part of your day to day job.
The course will also cover the operation and repair of valves, cleaning and maintenance and the operation of high pressure compressor systems.
The SDI Visual Inspection Procedures Course includes two parts:
- Home study – once you have signed up for the course, we will provide you with an online code in advance of your practical training to work through at home, covering areas such as:
- Safe handling of cylinders
- Tools and their uses
- Legal/illegal filling requirements
- Visual inspection indications
- Classroom + practical training – After reviewing the key knowledge areas with your instructor in the classroom, including reviewing the key mathematical formulas will you complete the practical element of your training including:
- Criteria for rejection and condemnation of a cylinder
- Valve inspection and cleaning
- Compressor operations
- Step by step walk-through of the inspection process
- Age: 18 years old and above
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us