SDI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
With our very own SDI Course Director on staff alongside a crack team of SDI instructors, you could not ask for a better location to kick start your diving career!
You can start your journey off as an assistant instructor to build your teaching experience and spend time shadowing other instructors or dive right in and complete the full instructor course and evaluation.
SDI is one of the fastest growing scuba training agencies in the world, get on board and open up a whole host of opportunities and refresh your lifestyle!
The SDI Assistant Instructor Course is designed to build on the SDI Divemaster Program by gaining practical teaching experience, learning to prepare lesson plans, and give academic presentations. You will work with an instructor to gain experience teaching before moving on to the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor level. Once you complete the Specialty Instructor training with a qualified SDI Instructor Trainer, you can become qualified to teach several SDI Specialty Diver courses.
The SDI Assistant Instructor course consists of:
- Online learning and knowledge development – Once you have signed up for the course we will provide you with an online code enabling you to study the core competencies including areas such as:
- Liability and insurance
- Course planning
- Emergency procedures
- Problem solving
- You will then join us at the center to begin your practical training, you will be equipped with a full set of instructor guides and manuals
- With your Instructor you will then carry out multiple skills development and training sessions including:
- Assist in a an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course, four different specialities and an SDI Rescue Diver course
- Physical fitness through swims tests
- Skill demonstrations
- Assisting in classroom presentations
- Upon completion of the training you will be qualified to teach and certify SDI Snorkelling students, conduct SDI refresher sessions, assist SDI instructor in training courses, supervise and conduct dives for certified divers and teach approved specialties once completing the relevant training for those specialties
- Age: 18 years and above
- SDI Divemaster or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider certifications
- Provide proof of at least 60 logged dives or 50 logged dives and 25 hours underwater accumulated time
- Possess the minimum instructional equipment, as defined in leadership course standards section two of this manual