- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- Yoke and DIN available
- Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- One piece forged body
- DIN 1st stage – 638g
- Yoke 1st stage – 763g
- 2nd stage – 154g
- Number of HP ports 1 (7/16″ UNF)
- Number of MP ports 4 (3/8″ UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Satin
- Coldwater Use
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- NO Opening Effort Control Knob
- Integrated Venturi Lever
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Standard, one set
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
- Hose type Braided Flexi-hose
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 0.90 joules/liter
- Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.