- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung’s three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there’s no moisture, there’s no ice: The LEG3ND’s integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver’s depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing