PADI OPEN WATER INSTRUCTOR
Dive-In Larnaca has been training PADI divers since 1990, we organise your PADI IDC through PADI Course Director Jurg Dahler at his purpose built facilities in Paphos. A full Go-Pro package, including Emergency First Aid (EFR) Instructor and 5 specialities.
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors (OWSI) and PADI Assistant Instructors (AI) are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs? Then Go PRO with an Instructor Development Course
Please get in contact if crossing over from a different training agency for advice on any additional requirements.
- Online learning and knowledge development – Once you have signed up for the course we will provide you with an online code enabling you to study the core competencies including areas such as:
- PADI standards and procedures
- Risk management and diver safety
- Business of diving
- Marketing the dive industry
- Creating presentations
- Once you have completed your online learning you will join your Course Director in the classroom to review your theory and cover key aspects and safety concepts
- Beginning with the basics you will then take part in multiple workshops and prepare both classroom, pool and open water presentations. Alongside this you will be marked and given feedback.
- Once you have completed your training you will then take part in a 2 day IE (instructor examination) where you will be assessed on your presentation abilities, supervision and control, demonstrations and knowledge. Upon passing you will be able to teach the following PADI courses:
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Project AWARE
- Minimum age of 18
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 60 logged dives to begin the course and 100 dives to attend an IE