PADI SIDEMOUNT DIVER
Designed by the pioneers of diving and perfected in caves and wrecks, discover a new way to explore. Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for discovering the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy and flexibility of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you new ways to penetrate some of the most interesting and unique dive sites along with streamlining and trim techniques. An added bonus being that you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
The PADI Sidemount Diver course includes three parts:
- Knowledge Development – starting off with the Sidemount Diver manual we will provide to you, learn about the unique equipment configurations, streamlining and trim techniques! You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Confined Water Training – During the shallow water session we will tailor the sidemount rig to your personal comfort and dive style, whilst practising safety skills and penetration techniques.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of 2 days you will conduct 3 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Gas managing techniques
- Penetration skills
- Emergency drills
- Trim and weighting techniques
- 15 years and above
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us