PADI SEARCH AND RECOVERY CERTIFICATION
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. Learn and put into practise the best methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but it’s a lot of fun!
The PADI Search and Recovery course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – starting off with the Search and Recovery Diver manual or e-learning included as part of the course, learning effective search pattern techniques, safety considerations and the various types of equipment which can assist in finding your lost item! You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of 2 days you will conduct 4 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- Age: 12 years old and above
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us