PADI UNDERWATER NATURALIST CERTIFICATION
Take the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course and you’ll see new things, even on the most familiar scuba diving sites. Why? Because when you know more about symbioses, underwater ecology, and aquatic plant and animal habitats, you notice behaviours and see creatures you may have previously missed. Learn more about the local ecosystem and take a closer look on your next scuba diving adventure.
The PADI Underwater Naturalist course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – starting off with the Underwater Naturalist manual included as part of the course, you will learn the groupings and key information for both corals and marine animals, how the environment dictates the inhabitants and how you as a diver impacts these ecosystems! You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of 1 day you will conduct 2 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds.
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information that dispels myths.
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life.
Age: 10 years old and above
- PADI Open Water Diver and above, or equivalent, from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us