PADI NIGHT DIVER
Even your local dive site offers a whole new adventure by moonlight! Take advantage of this extraordinary speciality and you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
The PADI Night Diver course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – starting off with the Night Diver manual we will provide to you, learning correct communication practices with a dive light, maintaining buddy contact in the dark and controlling your buoyancy by feel as you navigate your surroundings with the lights out! You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of 2 evenings you will conduct 3 open water dives with an instructor practicing the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behaviour at night.
- 12 years and above
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us