PADI UNDERWATER NAVIGATOR CERTIFICATION
Ever followed a dive guide and wondered how they knew where they were going, or found their way back to the boat? Well, why not learn to do the same and build your own confidence in navigating complex dive sites using both compass and natural navigation techniques. For those looking to expand their personal dive skills, or training to work within the industry, this is a vital skill which many take for granted until they find themselves swimming in circles! Find your way with the PADI Underwater Navigator course.
The PADI Underwater Navigator course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – starting off with the Underwater Navigator manual or e-learning we will provide to you, showing the importance of effective navigation, techniques and equipment for finding your way round a dive site or mapping a new one! You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of 2 days you will conduct 3 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
- Age: 10 years old and above
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency
Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us