PADI DRIFT DIVER
PADI Drift Diver
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents.. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sounds like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
The PADI Drift Diver course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – Starting off with the Drift Diver manual we will provide to you, learn entry and exit techniques for heavy current dives, additional equipment required when conducting drift diving and effective buddy contact and navigation techniques. You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of a day you will conduct 2 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels.
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current
- 12 years and above
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us