PADI BOAT DIVER
Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will benefit you because boats in various parts of the world do things differently. Scuba diving from a boat is a key part in accessing dive sites far out from shore, but also comes with a whole new set of rules and safety considerations. Get yourself up to speed and become a boat diving expert with this speciality course.
The PADI Boat Diver course includes two parts:
- Knowledge Development – Starting off with the Search and Recovery Diver manual we will provide to you, learn the unique terminology and safety considerations you need to take when diving from a boat. You will then review this and go into further detail throughout your training with an instructor.
- Open Water Dives – Over the course of a day you will conduct 2 open water dives with an instructor practising the following and more whilst you discover a whole new diving experience:
- Boat terminology.
- Boat diving procedures and etiquette, including how to enter and exit, and where to stow your gear.
- Boating safety, including how to locate safety equipment.
- 10 years and above
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency
- Good physical health – You will need to fill out a self certification medical statement. If you have any medical conditions you think may prevent you from scuba diving please feel free to contact us