The Divemaster program welcomes you to the ranks of a PADI dive professional. A wonderful change in lifestyle awaits! The Divemaster rating is the most sought after professional qualification in the dive industry. The course develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the course you will learn how to run Divemaster-conducted programmes and how to assist instructors with students, while simultaneously developing your knowledge, perfecting skills, testing your stamina and practising your rescue abilities.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Please get in contact if crossing over from a different training agency for advice on any additional requirements.
Here at Dive-In Larnaca we believe in producing Divemasters who are industry ready, complete with plenty of relevant experience, qualifications and supporting references to boot! There is even the possibility of coming back to join us seasonally if you really fit the mold!
We plan to take you over and above the regular training requirements to give you the best shot as a PADI Pro. As a result, we have tailor-made the packages below to suit any need. Unique within the industry and in its design, these first-class internationally recognised certifications are the very best of Divemaster all round training!
As part of a working internship you will become part of the Dive In staff throughout your training, getting involved in the day to day running and customer experience. You will be expected to get stuck in with the fun and the mucky stuff, giving you the well rounded Divemaster experience and great preparation for your future diving career.
For those on a tighter time schedule, we offer the holiday internship which can be completed in around 2-4 weeks. Within this you will meet all the requirements to become a PADI Divemaster and get to see a Dive Center operation from behind the scenes
- Online learning and knowledge development – Once you have signed up for the course we will provide you with an online code enabling you to study the core competencies including areas such as:
- Role and characteristics of a Divemaster
- Supervising diving activities
- Business of diving
- Dive setup and management
- Conducting dive briefings
- Physics and physiology of diving
- Once you have completed your online learning you will join your instructor in the classroom to review your theory and cover key aspects and safety concepts
- Beginning with the basics you will then take part in multiple workshops and assist in a variety of PADI courses, test your fitness and review key rescue skills. As you develop you will spend time with your instructors who will provide feedback. You will cover areas such as:
- Conducting scuba reviews
- Assisting Discover Scuba Experiences
- Assisting Open Water and Continuing Education courses
- Guiding certified divers
- Search and recovery workshop
- Dive Skill demonstrations
- Minimum age of 18
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent from an alternative agency.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
For further information please contact us here – please note we are also happy to assist in building custom Divemaster packages.