PADI Chamber Awareness
The purpose of the Chamber Awareness Distinctive Speciality is to provide a safe and well supervised introduction to a hyperbaric or recompression chamber facility. It is designed to familiarise divers to the facilities available, the procedures, knowledge, problems and hazards associated with a recompression chamber and the possible treatment therin.
What's in the course?
The PADI Chamber Awareness course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Purpose, function and uses of a modern recompression chamber
- Benefits of treatment in a hyperbaric chamber
- DCI, arterial gas embolism and near water drowning
- Communications systems within a recompression chamber
- Various types of air and gas supply systems that are commonly used