DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries
The Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries course represents entry-level training to educate the general diving (and qualified non-diving) public to better recognise possible dive-related injuries and to provide emergency oxygen first aid while activating the local emergency medical services (EMS) and / or arranging for evacuation to the nearest available medical facility.
How do I begin?
You start with the training materials. We will provide you with an electronic manual so you can do all your studying at home before you come to Cyprus.
What's in the course?
Course participants must be familiar with the signs and symptoms of major diving injuries including near drowning and decompression illnesses, they must demonstrate proper deployment, assembly, disassembly, and use of all components of the DAN Oxygen Unit.
The course participant must demonstrate skill and confidence while providing emergency oxygen to simulated injured divers by:
- Assessing the scene and oxygen provider safety
- Deploying and operating the DAN Oxygen Unit
- Selecting and preparing the appropriate oxygen mask
- Operating the DAN Oxygen Unit and using 3 different oxygen delivery devices:
- Identification of the main components of the DAN Oxygen Unit