How do I begin?
You start with the training materials. We will provide you with an electronic manual so you can do all your studying at home before you come to Cyprus.
What's in the course?
The MO2R Training Module of the Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries course, participants will learn to demonstrate skill and confidence in completing the following skills:
- Scene assessment and oxygen provider safety
- Deployment and operation of the DAN Oxygen Unit
- Decision-making: When to use the MO2R
- Identification of the main component parts of the MO2R
- Set-up of the MO2R System
- Operation of the MO2R System
How long does it take?
The DAN Medical Oxygen Rebreather course takes about 2 hours.
What qualifications do I need?
A DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries qualification or equivalent is a pre-requisites for the provider course.
To enrol in the DAN Instructor Course, the Instructor Candidate must have completed the Instructor Qualification course (IQC) and :
- Be a certified and active scuba diving Instructor(or Divemaster/Asssistant Instructor with current CPR training).
- Be a current DAN Medical Oxygen Rebreather provider.
- Have current training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Have documentation of first aid training.
- Be a current DAN Member.
Once you have completed your DAN Medical Oxygen Rebreather course certification/Instructor why not join a DAN On site Neurological Assessment course to help you identify the signs and symptoms of Decompression illness.
DAN Medical Oxygen Rebreather course costs €120.00 for the provider course and €175.00* for the Instructor course which includes materials and certification. Contact us for details.
*A DAN instructor has to pay a one-off €85.00 for an Instructor Qualification Course with the first instructor course undertaken.