How do I begin?
You start with the training materials. We will provide you with an electronic manualso you can do all your studying at home before you come to Cyprus.
What's in the course?
At the end of the DAN First Aid programme, course participants will be able to:
- Explain what is first aid and why to use these techniques
- Perform an injury assessment
- Describe how to react if a head or spinal injury is expected
- Perform an illness assessment including taking vital signs and the "SAMPLE" procedure
- Describe the signs, symptoms and first aid techniques for the major medical emergencies.
- Secure and bandage a wound
- Splint a dislocated or fractured limb
- Lift and move an injured person by using an adequate technique
- Describe the signs, symptoms and first aid techniques for the following temperature related injuries
How long does it take?
The DAN First Aid course takes about 8 hours.
What qualifications do I need?
DAN Basic Life Support provider or equivalent is a pre-requisite for this course.
To enrol in the DAN Instructor Course, the Instructor Candidate must have completed the Instructor Qualification course (IQC) and :
Be a certified and active scuba diving Instructor (or Divemaster/Asssistant Instructor with current CPR training). Be a current DAN First Aid provider. Have current training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Have documentation of first aid training. Be a current DAN Member. What's next
Once you have completed your DAN First Aid certification/Instructor why not join a DAN AED or Dan Neurological Assessment course to help you assist with other diving related injuries.